Enrichment Program and Workshops
Spanish Enrichment Program for Schools
I’m Bilingual! provides a full music program for preschools, designed and tested in almost twenty years of classes in NYC. The program is taught in a Spanish immersion format and classes are 40-45 minutes in length.
All I’m Bilingual! teachers are trained professionals and native Spanish speakers.
Support for students includes free Spanish vocabulary videos created by Yolanda M. Borrás. These fun and engaging mini-videos may be downloaded on any smart phone or tablet and shared with friends and family. It is the goal of I’m Bilingual! to provide opportunities for children to succeed in learning the Spanish language.
Contact us today at 917-309-5990 or email@example.com to schedule classes at your school!
Teacher Training Workshops
Professional Development Programs are a result of thirty years of worldwide experience in the field of bilingual education and the arts for the very young.
I’m Bilingual! workshops are hands on, practical, creative, interactive and highly engaging. The material presented may be easily implemented in any classroom setting. Yolanda uses recent research on best practices to effectively promote language acquisition through the arts. This enables teachers to confidently use the arts to integrate the Spanish language and culture into any classroom setting and actively engage students in the language-learning process. We provide schools with the tools for successfully engaging young learners into the bilingual and bicultural world.
I’m Bilingual! teacher-training workshops
• Offer specialized training in Spanish. Training is available nationwide, for private or public institutions and non-profit organizations with students attending early childhood programs and early elementary grades
• Introduce group strategies and cooperative learning where teachers may share ideas with other teachers
• Present opportunities for hands-on teaching and for educators to ask questions
• Demonstrate how music may be used as an everyday classroom management tool
• Provide techniques for utilizing and adapting musical material for use with different age groups depending on their stage of development
• Enhance teachers’ practices through learning new skills
• Present creative ideas on using bilingual songbooks with children, including group games and the use of instruments to read basic rhythmic patterns
• Integrate the material the general curriculum and combine it with other subject areas by adding cultural or historical context
• Provide training that applies up-to-date research related to second language acquisition through music and the arts and its impact on brain development
To schedule a workshop for your school and for more details on Teacher-Training Workshops visit yolandaborras.com